- Award nominations are open to any member of the Open community.
- Staff and current Board Members of the Open Education Global are not eligible for individual awards.
- Nominations are made in writing using the online application form.
- Submissions can be by written description alone, but a short video (< 5min) highlighting the submission’s relevance is encouraged. Videos should be posted to YouTube and tagged OEAwards2022 in the video’s title.
For Individual Awards
- Anyone may propose a nomination for individual award categories.
- Individuals may self-nominate, in which case the submission must include a letter of support from someone that can attest to the eligibility of the individual; such as a working colleague, faculty member or academic advisor.
For Resources & Practices Awards
- Nominations are accepted from the community in general.
- Institutions and organizations may self-nominate (letter of support is not necessary).
- The Awards for Excellence Committee, comprised of individuals from the OEG members, will review and select finalists.