- Award nominations are open to any member of the Open community.
- Staff and current Board Members of the Open Education Global are not eligible for individual awards.
- Nominations are made in writing using the online application form.
- Submissions can be by written description alone, but a short video (< 5min) highlighting the submission’s relevance is encouraged. Videos should be posted to YouTube and tagged OEAwards2021 in the video’s title.
For Individual Awards
- Anyone may propose a nomination for individual award categories.
- Individuals may self-nominate, in which case the submission must include a letter of support from someone that can attest to the eligibility of the individual; such as a working colleague, faculty member or academic advisor.
For Resources & Practices Awards
- Nominations are accepted from the community in general.
- Institutions and organizations may self-nominate (letter of support is not necessary).
- The Awards for Excellence Committee, comprised of individuals from the OEG members, will review and select finalists.
|May 17||Call for nominations opens|
|July 16||Call for nominations closes|
|July 26 – Aug 22||Reviewing and selection process|
|Aug 23 – Sep 10||Contact and engage with winners|
September 27 – Oct 1
|Winners announced during online conference OE Global 2021|
Call for nominations is now closed.
*If you know of an interesting open project, initiative or idea that doesn’t fit our award criteria or if you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.