The OER Starter Kit Workbook is a remix of the OER Starter Kit to include worksheets to help instructors practice the skills they need to confidently find, use, or even create open educational resources (OER). Instructors, librarians, instructional designers, administrators, and anyone else interested in OER are welcome to explore the OER Starter Kit Workbook. The OER Starter Kit Workbook allows for annotation through the Manifold platform and includes worksheets for independent reflection and planning.
In each chapter, learning objectives are provided to explain what the reader will learn and, in many cases, interactive exercises and examples are available as well. Worksheets are included in each chapter and as downloads in Google Docs for editing, adapting, and remixing.
The goals of this workbook are to:
- Provide space for reflection
- Practice writing for the web
- Planning guide for developing/adopting an OER
There are a number of ways to interact with this workbook:
- Read and annotate privately, in groups, or publicly in Manifold
- Make a digital copy and interact in Google Drive
- Download and print the activity worksheets to complete individually or in a group
Stacy Katz, Lehman College, Bronx, NY, United States
Abbey Elder, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, United States